27 No. 2
|Where 2B &Y
||Announcements of conferences, symposia, workshops, meetings, and other upcoming activities.
Polymer Blends and Eurofillers
9–12 May 2005, Bruges, Belgium
The 8th European Symposium on Polymer Blends—Eurofillers 2005 will be held 9-12 May 2005 in Bruges, Belgium. “Materials Design, Performance and Problem Solving” is the general theme of the symposium, which aims to stimulate discussion between specialities of complementary fields, including physicists, chemists and engineers, with expertise in both organic and inorganic materials. Design and synthesis of base materials is the very first step of innovation in materials and processes, followed by the search for synergy of appropriate combinations of those materials under different forms and shapes such as films, coatings, foams, packaging, and scaffolds. These have broad a range of applications including, and not limited to, electronics, energy, life sciences, technology, and the environment. Congress topics include the following:
- innovations in generation and control of phase morphology, including theoretical approach and numerical simulation
- reactive processing: reactive compatibilization, dynamic crosslinking, polymer chemistry in the melt
- interfaces and interphases: control, characterization and modelling
- structure-mechanical performance relationships
- specific polymer blends (including recycling) and their applications
Fillers and Filled Polymers
- preparation and characterization of (nano)fillers of all shapes and functions
- formulations of (nano)fillers with polymers: nanocomposites, natural fiber composites, organic-inorganic hybrid materials
- adhesion between (nano)fillers and polymers
- structure-property relationships of (nano)composites, including confined crystallization issues
- industrial applications of filled polymers in the automotive, electronic, biomedical and packaging areas
The program offers two plenary lectures and 12 keynote lectures and contributed oral presentations, which will be selected from abstracts submitted.
See Mark Your Calendar for contact information
Page last modified 11 February 2005.
Copyright © 2003-2005 International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry.
Questions regarding the website, please contact [email protected]