30 No. 5
From the Editor
Treasurer's Column by John Corish
- Creativity in Applied Polymer Science by Dick Jones
- Computers in Clinical Laboratories by Josep M. Queraltó et al.
- Functional Foods: Reflections on an Expanding Market by A. Monge et al.
- Nikolai Izmailov: An Essential Contribution to Physical Chemistryby Nikolay O. Mchedlov-Petrossyan
- Erasers, Rubber Duckies, and So Much More by Daniel Rabinovich
- Making an imPACt
- PAC Text Indexed on ChemSpider
- Craig Hawker Wins DSM Performance Materials Award
- Le VIM Nouveau Est Arrivé!
The Project Place
- Biophysico-Chemical Processes of Anthropogenic Organic Compounds in Environmental Systems
- Applied Thermodynamics of Fluids
- Analogue and Standalone Drugs
- Preparation for the Translation of the “Green Book”
- Glossary of Terms Used in Immunotoxicology
Provisional Recommendations IUPAC Seeks Your Comments
- Thermochemistry of Chemical Reactions: I. Terminology and Symbols
- Glossary of Terms Used in Ecotoxicology
- Stop Faking It! Chemistry Basics
reviewed by Parker M. Nelson and Hani Morgan
- Environmental Chemistry: Fundamentals
- Environmental Chemistry: Microscale Laboratory Experiments
- Four Laws that Drive the Universe reviewed by Laurence Lavelle
- Photodynamics by Jesús Rubayo-Soneira
- Advanced Materials and Polymer Characterization by Michael Hess
- Photochemistry by Silvia E. Braslavsky
- The Role of Chemistry in Sustainable-Agriculture and Human Well-Being in Africa: CHEMRAWN XII by Piet Steyn and Christoff Pauw
- Chemistry in a Changing World—New Possibilities within
the IUPAC Family by Michael Droescher
Where 2B & Y
- High Temperature Materials,
14–18 September 2009, Davis, CA, USA
- Trace Elements in Food,
1–3 April 2009, Rome, Italy
Mark Your Calendar
link to calendars of upcoming IUPAC-sponsored events
2008 pdf (803 KB)
Cover photo: A plastic organic transistor that can operate under water and detect trace amounts of organic polluting chemicals. Image courtesy of Zhenan Bao, Stanford University. See related feature “Creativity in Applied Polymer Science."
last modified 23 September 2008.
Copyright © 2003-2007 International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry.
Questions regarding the website, please contact [email protected]