32 No. 1
|Where 2B &Y
||Announcements of conferences, symposia, workshops, meetings, and other upcoming activities.
11–16 July 2010
The Australasian Section of the American Oil Chemists’ Society is organizing the 19th International Symposium on Plant Lipids, which will be held 11–16 July 2010 in Cairns, Australia, at the world-class Cairns Convention Centre.
The committee is strongly focused on delivering a cost-effective program that continues the ISPL tradition of highlighting exciting advances in plant lipid research. ISPL-2010 will be placing a special spotlight on the potential major contributions that plant lipids can make to the emerging bio-based economy.
Session topics will include the following:
- lipid biosynthesis and metabolic networks, and their role in seed development
- storage lipids (TAG synthesis and mobilization, sterols, wax esters, isoprenoids)
- surface lipids-structure and function (waxes, suberin, cutin)
- lower plant lipids (algal/fungal and other micro organisms)
structure, function, and synthesis of membrane lipids (glycolipids, sterols, and phospholipids)
- oxylipins-oxylipin formation/function and lipid oxidation
fatty acid desaturation and modification
lipid trafficking and signaling (membrane dynamics, lipid rafts, PIPs, sphingolipids)
- bioinformatics for the lipidome
- lipid biotechnology and metabolic engineering
- genetically modified plant oils (production challenges, crop platforms, regulatory issues)
The meeting organizers hope that delegates will take the opportunity to experience the wonderful scenic beauty of the surrounding World Heritage-listed Wet Tropics Rainforest and Great Barrier Reef.
last modified 28 January 2010.
Copyright © 2003-2009 International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry.
Questions regarding the website, please contact [email protected]