29 No. 6
|Where 2B &Y
||Announcements of conferences, symposia, workshops, meetings, and other upcoming activities.
14–20 September 2008
Moscow-St. Petersburg, Russia
The 2nd International IUPAC Conference on Green Chemistry (ICGC-2) will be held 14–20 September 2008 aboard the ship “Mikhail Kalinin,” which will travel from Moscow to St. Petersburg, Russia.
The IUPAC ICGC-2 will take place under the auspices of IUPAC, Russian Academy of Sciences, Russian Foundation of Basic Researches, Russian Ministry of Education and Science, and M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University. The conference will be organized by the Chemistry Department of Moscow M.V. Lomonosov State University, Russian Academy of Sciences, and Scientific-Educational Center “Sustainable-Green Chemistry.”
It is intended that the topics of the conference will attract academicians, researchers, industry representatives, as well as students interested in green chemistry. The conference will be based on plenary lectures, invited lectures, and oral and poster presentations. Work groups discussions will be organized as well. The conference is expected to attract participants from all over the world.
The main topics will include:
- benign synthesis routes (heterogeneous catalysis, homogeneous catalysis, enzymatic catalysis, alternative solvents, new reagents)
- future green energy sources (hydrogen technology; fuel-cell technology; energy saving)
- use of renewables (new biomass technologies; plant polymers; biofuels)
- benign process technology (microreactor technique; microwave technology; photo chemistry)
- education in green chemistry
The deadline for abstract submission is 30 March 2008.
See Mark Your Calendar for contact information.
last modified 19 November 2007.
Copyright © 2003-2007 International Union of Pure and
Questions regarding the website, please contact [email protected]