Vol. 30 No. 2
|Where 2B &Y
||Announcements of conferences, symposia, workshops, meetings, and other upcoming activities.
17–19 July 2008, Lisbon, Portugal
The 6th International Vanadium Symposium (V6 Symposium) will take place 17–19 July 2008 at Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian in Lisbon, Portugal.
The V6 Symposium is being held under the auspices of IUPAC, the Sociedade Portuguesa de Química, the Portuguese Governmental Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia, and the Instituto Superior Técnico–TU Lisbon. The Centro Química Estrutural, a research center of the Instituto Superior Técnico–TU Lisbon (João Costa Pessoa, chair), is organizing the symposium in collaboration with the Japanese Universities of Hiroshima (Hitoshi Michibata, cochair, Department of Biological Science) and Toyama (Kan Kanamori, cochair, Department of Chemistry).
The V6 Symposium will highlight the manifold applications of vanadium compounds and is intended to attract academicians, researchers, and industry representatives as well as students interested in vanadium chemistry and biochemistry. The conference will feature lectures by invited speakers and oral and poster presentations. Main topics will include:
- vanadium inorganic chemistry—coordination, speciation, and structure
- vanadium bioinorganic and biological chemistry
- enzymology, toxicology, and transport of vanadium compounds
- therapeutic applications of vanadium compounds—design and mechanism of action
- vanadium in catalysis (homogeneous and heterogeneous)—organic compounds and polymers
- polyoxovanadates, new materials, and processes
The deadline for abstract submission is 15 May 2008.
See Mark Your Calendar for contact information.
last modified 24 March 2008.
Copyright © 2003-2008 International Union of Pure and
Questions regarding the website, please contact [email protected]